WORK WITH PC
PC Muñoz is available for select audio/music projects as percussionist/beatmaker, sound designer, and producer, or as a content creator/project leader for large and small creative initiatives. See contact info below.
LEARN FROM PC
PC is available as a guest lecturer and accepts a limited amount of cajon drum students each year; contact PC directly for next availability.
PC is a voting member of The Recording Academy. Academy members can connect at the Grammy Pro site.
Visit PC's LinkedIn page here and contact PC directly at the address below for all inquiries.
- Brand new singles "Big Winner" and "I See" at pcmunoz.bandcamp.com
- Beat-pop single "Wrong" on iTunes
- Always-fresh music and many free downloads @ the PC Muñoz bandcamp page
- Funky single "Get Up and Get Over" on iTunes
- Cello-and-beats duo album Pop-Pop by Joan Jeanrenaud and PC Muñoz on iTunes, on CDBaby, and on Amazon.com. Featured on NPR, DownBeat, and more!
- Grammy-nominated album Strange Toys by Joan Jeanrenaud, produced by PC, on iTunes
- PC's personal Facebook profile....add him!
- PC's album Grab Bag, featuring Dr. Fink, Ingrid Chavez, and more on iTunes and on CDBaby
- Award-winning CD Twenty Haiku, featuring haiku and improvised music from Scott Amendola, Anthony Brown, Kymberly Jackson, bLevin bLectum and more on iTunes and on CDBaby
- California by PC Muñoz and the Amen Corner on iTunes. Featuring Jackson Browne, Dr. Fink, and more. Named one of the Top 12 Funk Albums of the Decade! Also on CDBaby
- The unstoppable Joan Jeanrenaud
- Superdope photographer Anthony Two Moons
- Studio Trilogy, the best place to record in Northern California
PC Muñoz: Cajón
Photo by Anthony Two Moons
High Resolution Image
74.8 Kb .jpj
Low Resolution Image
72 ppi, RGB
26.8 Kb .jpg
PC Muñoz: Board
Photo by Alexander Winter
PC FEATURED IN POST PERSPECTIVE MAGAZINE: Film pro magazine Post Perspective interviewed PC about his recent film scoring sessions and creative process; read it here!
MULTIPLE NEW RELEASES COMING SOON: The past year was packed with wildly diverse recording projects for PC as an artist, producer, and percussionist, and the finished products are being released all through the end of 2014 and into 2015:
New PCM solo joints
On November 25th, PC will release "Big Winner" and "I See", two new songs culled from his upcoming multidisciplinary project Inside Pocket of a Houndstooth Blazer. Check the songs out here. On December 2, PC will release his arrangement of the traditional Basque Christmas hymn "The Angel Gabriel", featuring virtuoso vocalist Dave Worm (Bobby McFerrin's Voicestra, SoVoSo, Glass House).
New Joan Jeanrenaud compositions
PC played drumset and marimbata on two new polyrhythm-driven compositions ("Harlem Strut" and "Harmonic Harlem") by composer, cellist and frequent collaborator Joan Jeanrenaud. The new compositions will be released soon via Joan's new website.
VA'V Trio and Blood Moon Orchestra
PC continued his work with Emmy-award winning/Oscar nominated virtuoso Van-Anh Vanessa Vo , forming a unique music/film project ( Blood Moon Orchestra) with Vo, rapper DEM ONE , and "One Voice/One Drum" director Christopher PaperSon Woon. Blood Moon Orchestra's film/music piece, "Moving Train", is currently in post-production. PC also joined Vo's group, VA'V Trio, along with talented cellist Alex Kelly. The trio is slated to record and perform much in 2015--stay tuned!
PC played drumset on this upcoming Americana/country project headed by Dan Imhoff and Yvette Holzwarth. Owl Country's debut/holiday single "Long Gentle Rain" can be heard here.
PC also recently wrapped production work on "Chosen", the killer first single from Oakland Pop/R&B artist Chase Martin, due in January 2015.
PC has been working with various production colleagues on unique tracks for the upcoming feature film Brujo, due out in 2015.
DRESHER ENSEMBLE ARTIST RESIDENCY: PC has been awarded a 2014-2015 Dresher Ensemble Artist Residency for the development of his next collaborative multimedia project, Inside Pocket of a Houndstooth Blazer. Stay tuned for collaborator news, and watch for the two sneak preview singles/artifacts, "Big Winner" and "I See" coming soon!
TYIA WILSON ALBUM: You can hear PC on the new release by Idaho-based vocalist Tyia Wilson. The epic dance/chant track "Adi Shakti" is featured in the "Now Listen-Hear!" section of this site; check her out!
LUCAS KRECH PHOTO SHOOT: Veteran NYC lighting designer/photographer Lucas Krech recently photographed PC for Krech's Artist Portrait series, which focuses on artists in their work environments. Lucas captured PC while working on music at Studio Trilogy. Check out Krech's work here.
1. "Big Winner/I See" promo video
2. Blood Moon Orchestra teaser
3. Sneak-peek video for the HALF-BREED multidisciplinary project
4."Counterfeit" lyric video
5. "One Voice/One Drum" mini-doc featuring DEM ONE and PCM
6. Animated video for "33 1/3" by Joan Jeanrenaud and PCM
7. "Arietta" by Kev Choice (produced by PC)
>8. "Panama Canal" by Joan Jeanrenaud and PC featured on So You Think You Can Dance
9. Fall of a Sudden promo video, featuring Hong Kong rehearsal footage and audio collage
"Dark, sexual, sensual, confessional, and confrontational--all at the same time...a poet."
"3.5 Stars (for Pop-Pop). This cello-and-percussion team moves through 10 tracks that are alternately tantalizing, mesmerizing, even somber at times."
"(PC Muñoz) is truly a modern musician, equally at home with a live band, playing the most organic of instruments...or hunched over a computer, making beats and working magic with ProTools..."
Tom Chandler, East Bay Express
"Muñoz's tasteful electronics, effortlessly balancing hard-hitting syncussion with bouncy basslines and buttery synth washes, are the perfect counterpoint to the thought-provoking words he spits out with an incomparable cool....undeniable talent for crafting songs that stimulate the mind and the body."
Amorn Bholsangngam, Urb Magazine
"Somewhere between hip-hop attitude, Minneapolis nasty and latin rock playa chops, PC Muñoz has an instantly compelling sound that defies definition..."
Rickey Vincent, author of "Funk: The Music, The People, and The Rhythm of the One" and host of KPFA's "The History of Funk" radio show
"Compelling beats, clever lyrics, and special guests, such as cellist Jean Jeanrenaud, make (Grab Bag) an enjoyable listen."
"...undeniable stage presence...laid-back, but commanding...the show is a left hook all right---and a knock out at that."
Mike Osegueda, Fresno Bee
"Great work. It's all too rare to hear someone breaking new ground in the pop field."
John Zorn, Composer
"... PC Muñoz consistently redefine(s) himself, sailing effortlessly across artistic categories..."
Marian Liu, San Jose Mercury News
Select full articles/audio:
NPR Weekend Edition w/Joan Jeanrenaud
SF Classical Voice feature w/Joan Jeanrenaud
KPFA w/Joan Jeanrenaud
East Bay Express feature
KQED/NPR, Pacific Time
Owl Mag review of acclaimed High School Reunion 80s tribute CD, featuring Frank Black, Kristin Hersh, Dresden Dolls, and PC!